4.06.2009

putting down roots


The yard is going wild after a good amount of rain late last week. Bean seeds are up and growing inches every day, and my windowbox sweet peas, planted in a pot as a birthday gift for granny, are coming along too. Behold, the first (okay, only) strawberry in our tiny patch by the street:


How is it Monday already? The weekend rushed by and was full with:
- late breakfast at Tupelo's
- transplanting tomatoes
- a 94th birthday party
- pear pie
- cranberry sauce (the last of the frozen cranberries, counting the days (months) until cranberry season)
- a sushi dinner for no special reason
- starting a new savings account for our very own FARM. $100 down....a whole lot to go!
- a barefoot hike, looking for turkey tracks
- spending a little time online, feeling the roots theme, and really loving this shirt and these cards. Also this print. Listening to this guy!




3 comments:

  1. I love this post, everything about it, from the sweet peas for Granny to the pear pie to the barefoot hike, t-shirt (MUST GET ONE!), and prints! If you're ever up near Asheville, let's get together! Where in Florida do you live? I used to live in Destin, my dad is in Tampa and my in-laws are in Sarasota.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pear pie? i can't believe i've never had this. did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pear pie is one of my favorites! I love to make it, and I'd be happy to give you the recipe, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete