6.22.2009

staying up late and being very hot


This weekend I happily discovered the secret (for me) to staying up late and enjoying it when R's band plays. Normally, I am asleep by 10:30, and when Saturday night rolls around, I don't easily transition to night-owl mode. But this time I took a short afternoon nap, and when I got to the bar, I sipped 2 glasses of iced tea, and zero beers, and then I was good to go. I hardly even noticed when 2:30 AM rolled around. The bands sounded great and I got to catch up with some very lovely ladies.

The Tomato Feastival on Sunday was super fun, and super, super hot. I met lots of friendly new people, R won a lemon pound cake in the cake walk (a large portion is in my lunch box today!), and we helped raise a good chunk of change for Slow Food, and the Damayan Garden Project. Not a bad weekend, looking forward to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment