1.01.2015

Year of Making - 2015

Inspired by this blog post, I'm committing to a Year of Making.   I found Kim Werker's ebook on the subject helpful, and also plan to read her book Make It Mighty Ugly.   Like many people, I think, one of the biggest obstacles to my creativity is a fear of failure, and that's a fear I hope to conquer in 2015.  Making something ugly on purpose sounds crazy to me-- like a huge waste of time-- but perhaps it's just the ticket to moving forward, finding my creative voice, and gaining new skills.
I've done a bit of practicing for the year this week and, sure enough, have made a few things I'm highly unsatisfied with.  Winning already!!!

Linen dish towels for my Secret Santa pick at our staff party

Commuter Cowl -- came out much too big


No comments:

Post a Comment