6.13.2010

Olive Oil Cake from Good to the Grain

When I read about this cake a few weeks ago on The Wednesday Chef I knew I had to make it. Olive oil, rosemary, dark chocolate and CAKE? Yes please. I finally got around to it this weekend and was not disappointed! Next time I might cook it a tad longer, but I like my baked goods moist. When I first tasted it-- straight of the oven because I couldn't wait-- I thought I should use a less robust (read: expensive) olive oil (I used this one). But this morning it has mellowed out a lot. I will be making it again, even though R is not a huge fan and that means I will be eating the whole thing. Oh well.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this just sounds wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds marvelously unusual and right up my alley. Do think it would be good with some corn meal mixed in there, or would be too weird with the chocolate? YUM.

    (And thanks for the nice comment about the paintings!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you stopped by and read my post...
    I am actually moving home to central FL come early fall (something i haven't exactly announced yet) but I am really excited about it. I was inspired by reading Cross Creek, and by the realization that I have lived 7 years away from the majority of my family. Anyhow, it's just really nice to see someone else living in Florida and enjoying all it's hidden beauty. One reason I haven't told too many people that I am moving back is b/c they just don't get it. They think I am moving back home to live in a condo on an overpopulated beach or something i guess, idk? I tell people and they get this disgusted look on their faces, but I know what's there and I just love it. I can't wait to get back! P.S. I saw that you're an Avett Brothers Fan, my whole family has been more than obsessed for the past 6 years... I have seen them so many times I stopped counting- and I can't wait to see them play in FL. I am certain it will be better than the NYC shows- talk about over populated!

    Also, I adore your blog and your work too.

    Best wishes.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete